- On sale!
GT PD 0440 00 - GHOST Hexpander Preamp Board
Play the IMPOSSIBLE!Be the Band with the ghost® Pickup System. Get studio-quality acoustic sound or MIDI-compatible output at the flick of a switch! Finally, an affordable, modular pickup system in an easy-to-install package.
- Incredibly authentic, studio-quality acoustic guitar tone.
- Fastest, most accurate tracking available with today's sate-of-the-art MIDI converters.
- Natural compression totally eliminates piezo "quack".
- All the benefits of Graph Tech's patented String Saver™ saddles.
- Easy, plug-and-play installation; very little soldering required.
- Expandable system -- pre-amps & optional controls simply plug in!
Video: Watch Burr Johnson demonstrate the incredible capabilities of the ghost system!
For FAQs and detailed technical information about the ghost system, consult our Knowledge Base.
For detailed installation information, download Product Manuals and Installation Guides here.
The ghost Pickup System can be installed on most Strat® style, Tele® style, Wilkinson®, Tune-O-Matic, AVT-II (wraparound), PRS®, Floyd Rose Original or Licenced, P/J-Basses, and any bass that accepts a Hipshot A-style bridge. Just replace your bridge saddles with ghostsaddle pickups or a ghost-loaded Bridge Assembly (see below).
Custom-engineered piezo crystals are encapsulated in a set of
Graph Tech's patented String Saver saddles. The ghost Saddle Pickups
have a natural compression effect, so you can play as hard as you want
without overloading the
input channel or experiencing the dreaded piezo "quack".
Pickups are individually calibrated so you get a precision-balanced set of ghost saddles, for even string-to-string output.
The output signal is then processed through one of the ghost system's plug-in modules, which are installed together or separately inside your guitar:
Acousti-Phonic Modular Pre-amp for studio-quality acoustic sound from your electric guitar or bass.
- captures the natural acoustics of your electric guitar - hear the sound of the wood!
- can be amplified or recorded directly
- eliminates feedback or mic placement problems associated with an amplified acoustic guitar
- automatically detects and selects mono (single amp) or stereo (dual amp) operation
- onboard ghost pickup volume control to adjust the magnetic/acoustic mix
- auxiliary 9v - 18v power for active mag pickups -- eliminates the need for two sets of batteries
- included jack shuts off all on-board devices when 1/4" cable is unplugged
Hexpander MIDI Interface adds MIDI capability to almost any guitar or bass. Interface your guitar with pitch-to-MIDI converters by Roland and Axon.
- Fast, accurate tracking.
- Low-latency design perfectly complements today’s state of the art pitch-to-MIDI converters.
- Operates with the latestMIDI converters and Virtual Guitar systems: Roland GR55, VG99, StringPort, as well as legacy units like Roland GR33, GI-20, and V-Bass, Axon AX-50, AX-100, Yamaha G50, and many more.
- Add the ghost® Acousti-Phonic pre-amp and/or optional switches at any time by simply plugging them in - no rewiring or soldering.
- Optional plug-in MIDI Volume, Momentary Up/Down Program Selector Switch (S1/S2) and QuickSwitch (MIDI/both/mag+acoustic) for an infinite palette of tonal possibilities.
- Optional pin-7 wiring harness available for accessing a summed piezo signal.
The Acousti-Phonic Pre-amp and Hexpander MIDI Interface can both be used as stand-alone systems, or can "piggy-back" on each other for a complete set of features. Optional Plug-in-Switches allow you to flip between magnetic, acoustic or hex outputs, or blend the three for an infinite palette of tonal possibilities.
Plug into a world of possibilities!
Ghost offers probably the best sounding rendition of an acoustic guitar you're ever likely to hear from an electric guitar. -- Guitarist Magazine
Ghost Modular Pickup System is factory installed in guitars made by:
Godin, Peavey, Schecter, Carvin, and the Yamaha Custom Shop.
Ghost systems have been mysteriously appearing at musical performances around North America and abroad! Some of these sightings were caught on video. These apparitions are characterized by sudden changes from acoustic to electric tone, and have been known to make guitars sound like horns, strings, sitars, organs, and even percussion. Unbelievable, but true.
Bill Dickens playing a ghost-loaded bass
Guthrie Govan does the same with a ghost-loaded guitar
Ghost Hexpander installation video part 1
Ghost Hexpander installation video part 2
Ghost Hexpander installationvideo part 3
Roland VG-99: firmware v1.04 adds settingfor Graph Tech ghost pickups.